Friday, March 19, 2010

03192010 - Postgames

I'll update this post throughout the night, as games end or until I pass out. Seeing as I'm not exactly going to disappoint a large audience, I'm not terribly concerned about this at the current time. Anyway. To business.

Thus far, I'm having poor luck with my picks for the night. It's almost like I'm making estimates on things that, despite my best intentions, I don't know that much about. In this case, I'm referring to the players themselves - if it's not about Toronto, or to a lesser extent Eastern Conference teams, I'm mostly no better than the layman on the street.

I don't see this as a flaw, though. I consider it a problem that I can fix. I must fix it, really, if this site is going to have any legitimacy at all.

I'll give Columbus credit - evidently I didn't think they had enough to beat Minnesota, but they managed it with the help of two goals from their captain (including a particularly nice goal on a breakaway). Alas, their getting points is a bit of a setback, as is the Islanders getting a point in their rather unexpected overtime loss.

On another note: Good lord. Poor Dubnyk. At least watching the Edmonton-Detroit game gave me the chance to hear an excellent line from the commentators:

"Cogliano was trying to wind up, but Kronwall cut off his face."

 At least he won, though. Devan Dubnyk gets his first NHL win, after eleven tries. Good to see it.

Thus far, my predictions are not exactly panning out.

Predictions
San Jose vs. Calgary: 3-2 San Jose (Final score: 4-3 Calgary)
NY Islanders vs. Anaheim: 4-3 Anaheim (Final score: 5-4 Anaheim, OT)
Detroit vs. Edmonton: 3-1 Detroit (Final score: 3-2 Edmonton OT)
Minnesota vs. Columbus: 4-2 Minnesota (Final score: 4-2 Columbus)

Well, I only picked one score right, and the teams were reversed. Only picked one winner right, too - Anaheim over the Islanders. With a 25% accuracy rate thus far, you may be able to get more accurate predictions from throwing a dart at the sports page. Hopefully, I'll improve from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment